Vegan Flourless Brownies

Hi All! Here is a guest post by my friend Jessica.

I recently had a get-together with Jigna who is vegetarian and I wanted to make something quick and delicious for our lunch meet. I knew I wanted to make dessert but it was a bit tricky because I didn't have a lot of time and a limited pantry. The one thing I had in abundance was frozen bananas because I love to make smoothies and a chocolate chip banana bread that I can bake in my sleep.

I scoured the internet for a recipe that would take less than 30 minutes to prep & bake. I found this wonderful website called The Big Man's World and originally I found the recipe that uses regular bananas but apparently Arman from The Big Man's World got asked a lot of question on whether it's possible to make it with frozen bananas so there are 2 recipes on the site!

I have adapted the list using the recipe with frozen bananas and what I had at home so it is a little more than 3 ingredients, obviously they are optional if you want stick with the 3 ingredients recipe. I didn't have enough Almond butter so I also mixed in some natural peanut butter I had at home. The result is a very rich chocolaty, gooey, almost truffle-like brownie. A little bit definitely goes a long way.

~RECIPE~

INGREDIENTS:

3 Frozen Bananas

1/2 cup of Almond Butter + Peanut Butter mix

1/4 cup of cocoa powder (definitely too rich, would probably take it down a notch next time)

1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract

A pinch of salt

TO COOK:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Lined small loaf pan with parchment paper (alternatively you can grease the pan really well)

3. Mix ingredients in blender or food processor until smooth

4. Pour mixture into pan and spread evenly

5. Bake for around 20 minutes (mine took a little over 25 minutes)

6. Cool completely before serving

Since it's so rich on it's own I enjoy eating it with some fresh berries. It goes well with ice cream or whipped cream (obviously). If you want to stick with a vegan theme, you can use some coconut cream and powdered sugar to make a vegan whipped cream.

You can find further instruction/notes and the recipes over at The Big Man's World - 3 Ingredients Flourless Brownie with regular bananas & 3 Ingredients Flourless Brownie with frozen bananas

If you are interested in another recipe, feel free to check out my black bean burger recipe on Defining My World.

By Jessica

Comments

Popular Posts